Tuesday, September 4, 2007

What do I do with “style”?
Posed with such a question, I would most likely have to admit to answering a question with a question in true form of my arrogance and gender: What don’t I do with style?! After my ego shrinks back to normal size, I suppose we’d move on to the pre-discussed question of defining the word “style”. Do I define it by dictionary- or by personal opinion? Then pause, reflecting on the person assigning the essay and what is the accepted ratio of truth to BS allowed? Then to be completely truthful I would most likely walk away from the whole ordeal until the midnight hour before the paper was due, remembering it only as I was either drifting off to sleep or on my way to campus. Then in a frantic wind, I would look up the textbook definition of style- and try and find my own “style” and define that- being a product of the adolescent 90’s I would then insist that I don’t fit the mold of any one style or genre of personality. Then I would have to admit that this was just an enormous cop-out in an effort to further procrastinate…that’s it!!! Procrastination! That is DEFINITELY what I do with style-

No comments: